Today was an ordinary day.. nothing super exciting.. nothing marvelous planned.. just a normal day at work for Kenny from home and the daily routine for Jace and I...but it still was a breathe taking day. We are blessed..I see it more and more everyday and I am so thankful for the choices that I have made in life that have brought me here tonight, sitting in front of this laptop, in a home that I love with people I could not live without..I never imagined that I could love someone as much as I do now or owe my whole life too.. together we have created this beautiful child that owns my whole world.. I find my self periodically during the day just staring at his tiny features.. his perfect nose.. his huge brilliant eyes..his soft hands..counting the lines in his chubby little toes..I'm amazed that something so perfect came from two people who are far from perfect..
Jace comes to me now, he crawls over, stands up and lifts his arms to me, wanting me to hold him. This week he has learned how to walk over and sit down next to me and he will scoot his butt up to my legs and then sit in my lap, it's the cutest thing I think he has ever done, most importantly, he sees me now! For 12 months I went every day thinking my child doesn't see me and now he knows how to get in my lap.. he is starting to crave attention and want to be held and kissed.. I'm not sure but Autistic children don't normally do this and I am counting down the days till his ear surgery.. a change I think we will definitely see!
1 comment:
Oh your post was so sweet!!! It is really is amazing when you think that the perfect little baby you are looking at come from you! I am still amazed by this fact everytime I look at my girls.
Post a Comment