Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Like being under water...

A few weeks ago I started researching to see if it was possible that something else could be going on with Jace that could cause some of the symptoms that we were seeing in him. I decided to have his hearing checked, that alone would effect why he isn't eating, chewing, talking, and ignoring us. Today was his appointment with the Audiologist and sure enough he has a large amount of fluid in both ears, covering his ear drum. He has never had an ear infection, the doctors check him at each visit and say he is fine, but obviously he wasn't.

After seeing the audiologist today, we seen a ENT doctor who confirmed that this is why he isn't hearing and referred to it as him being "under water"; everything is muffled. So on November 19Th he is having tubes placed in his ears and they said it should be an instant gratification for him and we should see a huge difference that day! How exciting is this! Possibly a misdiagnose of Autism?? Oh I Pray so! His ears would be so simple and easy to fix!!

2 comments:

Jalita* said...

Thats great Ramie!!! I mean, I hate that he is having to deal with the fluid, but to possibly see an end in sight it wonderful. And, Hayden (my baby) had tubes put in, and I agree-it made a MAJOR difference!

Melinda said...

my niece was misdiagnosed with autism and once she had tubes put in she did alot better.